– New global forum, Gateway Gulf, will bring together a select group
of 500 global investors and CEOs, to be held in Manama, 8-10 May 2018 –
Manama, Bahrain, 18 April 2018: The region’s economic transformation and investment opportunities will be the highlight of Gateway Gulf, the first economic investment forum of its kind in the region. The global forum, which was announced by the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB), is taking place at the Four Seasons Hotel in Bahrain Bay from 8 – 10 May. It brings together over 500 global investors and CEOs from a number of sectors to address some of the key business issues facing the region today, while opening up investment opportunities to the private sector.
The event, held under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and Chairman of the Bahrain Economic Development Board, will include high-level plenary sessions and showcase investment-ready projects from across the region.
“The transformation of the Gulf economy is unlocking opportunities for business as never before. This event will provide access to key decision makers and open up new channels for communication and discussion to address investor questions, facilitating important connections to realise projects across multiple industries,” said His Excellency Khalid Al Rumaihi, Chief Executive, Bahrain Economic Development Board.
Catalysed by the period of low oil prices, the Gulf region is undergoing an economic shift – characterised by the changing role of government from operator to regulator. This has been followed by a wave of unprecedented reform designed to drive investment and private sector-led development.
Responding to this dramatic economic shift, the plenary sessions will cover the issues that sit at the heart of the opportunities and challenges in the region. They will range from in-depth discussions on regional economic visions, to development of human capital, the impact of technology and the opportunities created by China’s One Belt, One Road policy.
The invite-only conference, will include presentations and speeches from more than fifty high-level individuals. Among the first speakers announced are:
- Khaled Nasser Abdullah Al-Roudan, Minister of Commerce and Industry, Kuwait
- Dongsheng Song, President & Chairman, President of PowerChina International, Sinohydro Corporation Limited, China
- Kwek Ping Yong, Managing Partner, Inventis Investment Holdings, China
- Fadi Ali Ghandour, Chairman & CEO, Wamda Capital, UAE
- Jassim Alseddiqi, CEO, ADFG – Abu Dhabi Financial Group, UAE
- Klaus Kleinfeld, CEO, NEOM, Saudi Arabia
- Mohammed Alshaya, Executive Chairman, Alshaya Group, Kuwait
- Chin Hwee Tan, CEO Asia Pacific, Trafigura Group, Singapore
- Sébastien Bazin, Chairman & CEO Global, AccorHotels, France
- Matthieu Pigasse, CEO, Lazard Ltd, France
- Teresa Carlson, Vice President, Worldwide Public Sector, Amazon Web Services
- Bernard Dunn, President Middle East North Africa and Turkey, The Boeing Company, USA
- Stuart Jones, President Europe and Middle East, Bechtel Group, Inc.
- Dr Kevin Lu, Partner & Chairman of Asia, Partners Group, Singapore
- Winston Ma Wenyan, Managing Director , China Investment Capital (CIC)
Further details on key speakers and projects will be announced in the coming weeks. Additional information can be found at: www.gatewaygulf.com
For media inquiries, please contact:
About The Bahrain Economic Development Board
The Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB) is an investment promotion agency with overall responsibility for attracting investment into the Kingdom and supporting initiatives that enhance the investment climate.
The EDB works with the government and both current and prospective investors, in order to ensure that Bahrain’s investment climate is attractive, to communicate the key strengths, and to identify where opportunities exist for further economic growth through investment.
The EDB focuses on several economic sectors that capitalise on Bahrain’s competitive advantages and provide significant investment opportunities. These sectors include financial services, manufacturing, ICT, tourism, logistics and transport. The financial services sector is particularly strong in Bahrain and the EDB works to support the continued growth of the banking industry and key sub-sectors, including Islamic finance.
For more information on the Bahrain EDB visit www.bahrainedb.com; for information about Bahrain visit www.bahrain.com.