- Karnataka Chief Minister holds meetings with H.E. Kamal bin Ahmed, Minister of Transportation and Acting Chief Executive, Bahrain Economic Development Board and Bahrain Delegation –
Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain: A high level business delegation today held meetings with a number of key business, political, and media stakeholders as part of their visit to Bangalore, India, during their attendance at the CII Partnership Summit: “Emerging Global Value Chains: Building Partnerships”, taking place at the Taj West End Hotel from 27-29 January.
H.E. Kamal bin Ahmed, joined by members of the Bahrain delegation, met with Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, to discuss opportunities to build on the two nations long-standing bilateral relationship through future projects. The Chief Minister also hosted a welcome dinner as part of the CII Partnership Summit 2014. Furthermore, Anand Sharma, India’s Minister of Commerce & Industry hosted a welcome lunch at the event.
On the sidelines of the conference, media roundtables and interviews took place with a number of leading Indian publications, including Deccan Chronicle, Deccan Herald, Vijay Karnataka, Voyager’s World and Prajavani, who met with delegates from the Bahrain private sector.
H.E. Kamal bin Ahmed said: “India and Bahrain have a longstanding bilateral economic relationship strengthened by growing trade, and the CII Partnership Summit is an important platform for us to engage with the country’s leading business people, political representatives, and media outlets to tell Bahrain’s story. The Kingdom has an open and liberal economy that enables Indian and other international investors to thrive, and to readily access the rapidly growing GCC market.”
The Bahrain delegation includes:
- H.E. Kamal bin Ahmed, Minister of Transportation and Acting Chief Executive, Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Dr. Essam Fakhro, Chairman, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Othman Mohamed Sharif Al Rayes, Treasurer and Board Member, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Khalid Al Amin, Board Member, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Mohammed Dadabhai, Chairman, Dadabhai Group
- BR Shetty, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, New Medical Center Group, Abu Dhabi
- Vivian Jamal, Executive Director – Business Development, EDB
Leading Indian companies with offices or facilities in Bahrain include: Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, First Flight, KIMS, JBF Industries, Canara Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of Baroda and State Bank of India. With more than 350,000 Indians currently living and working in Bahrain, Indians make up a sizeable proportion of Bahrain’s population and enhance the Kingdom’s cultural heritage.
Notes to editors:
Noora Abul, Bahrain Economic Development Board
Tel: +973 17 589 903
About The Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB)
The Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB) is a dynamic public agency with an overall responsibility for attracting inward investment into Bahrain, and is focusing on target economic sectors in which the Kingdom offers significant strengths.
Key areas of focus include manufacturing, ICT, and logistics and transport services as well as other sub-sectors. The Financial Services sector in Bahrain is particularly strong and the EDB supports in the continuing growth of the banking industry and key sub-sectors, including Islamic Finance, Asset Management, Insurance and Re-Insurance.
For more information on the Bahrain EDB visit www.bahrainedb.com; for information about Bahrain visit www.bahrain.com