Real Estate

Bahrain is experiencing an economic boom, with several projects designed for the improvement of facilities and convenience of lifestyle. Bahrain is the fastest growing economy in the Arab world, the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia found in January 2006. With its highly developed communication and transport facilities, Bahrain is home to numerous multinational firms with business in the Arabian Gulf. Below is a list of some of the major development projects in the kingdom, which have been recently initiated and are due for completion in the near future.
 
Bahrain is a great place to live and work.  It was recently ranked in 5th place as one of the best locations in the world to live, and top choice in the Middle East and Africa in the Expat Experience poll, commissioned by HSBC Bank International.  The poll looked at quality of life worldwide and Bahrain was also ranked in the top five countries worldwide for finding somewhere to live.
 
In September 2010 Bahrain demonstrated its commitment to housing by hosting the Middle East’s first ever summit for affordable housing which aimed to address the  burgeoning population of the Gulf region. The government has also pledged to spend BD 480 million over the next two years to deliver more than 10,000 homes by the end of 2012, with another 40,000 to be built by the end of 2015. Of these 70% will be constructed by the government, while the remaining 30% will be built by the private sector.
 
Bahrain’s retail market has seen huge growth over the last ten years with total stock increasing from 200,000 sq m in 2000 to 536,000 sq m in 2010. Growth has been driven mainly by strong population growth, increased domestic disposable incomes and demand from Saudi Arabia and other GCC countries.
 
Key Developments:
 
  1. Bahrain Bay >

  2. Bahrain Financial Harbour >

  3. Al Areen >

  4. Durrat Al Bahrain >

  5. Amwaj Islands >