February 28, 2016
Manama: As part of the 2016 Spring of Culture activities, a number of global acts and artists will be performing free outdoor art shows across Bahrain in a number of venues. This is the first initiative of is kind for the Kingdom, and will allow for increased participation of various local communities in the events of the 2016 Spring of Culture festival.
- Dutch artist Braam Graafland, who through a merger of culinary, musical, and theatrical arts will entertain audiences through cooking and music
- Street theatre performances of ‘The Yelling Kitchen Prince’
Performances held between the 9th and 12th of March:
- Hungarian duo and contemporary media artists Katalin Lengyel & Szabolcs Toth-zs will showcase their technical skills in a street art dancing “Graffiti” show, combining media and dance in a symbolic performance art piece
Performances held between the 24th and 26th of March:
- Egyptian Origami artist, Oussama Helmy will take audiences on a journey rich with stories and tales through paper art
- Theater goers will be able to enjoy storytelling from Fatima Sharaf El Din, an award winning writer whose work has been translated into many languages across the globe. Through a collaboration with Hussam Abed, she will bring her stories to life with a shadow performance on the 10th and a puppet show on the 11th.
Bahrain Economic Development Board
Tel: +973 17589966