Are you a young artist (18 to 25 years old), passionate about Bahrain and eager to give others a glimpse into the Bahrain you know and love? Simply put, our mission at the Bahrain Economic Development Board is to attract investment into the Kingdom, bolstering opportunity for our local population and economy. What better way to showcase Bahrain to global audiences than through the eyes of a creative, ambitious and driven future generation of leaders like you?
We are searching for stand-out artists to submit one dimensional, original works of art. We encourage you to get creative with the medium. Acrylic, oil, watercolour, pastel, pencil, charcoal or mixed media will all be accepted. This is your chance to promote your artwork and have your creation seen by local leaders and the global business community.
In addition to monetary prizes, the winning artwork will be gifted to important international guests and featured in an online gallery here on the Bahrain EDB website.
Competition Theme: A Glimpse of Bahrain
We want to show Bahrain to the world through the eyes of our most creative young artists. What do you love about Bahrain? What does the future of the Kingdom look like from your perspective? What do you want the world to know about our beautiful land and people? These are a few of the questions we hope can guide your creation of a stellar work of art that gives the viewer a unique glimpse of Bahrain.
Judging Criteria & Prizes
- Format size of original art: 30cms width and 22cms length
- Submit only original artwork that has been created by the Contestant, the artist, as identified on the submission form, no part of any artistic rendering that is submitted can be copied or adapted from another source.
- Complete the entry form, which can be downloaded below and attach it to the backside of the mounted picture.
- All artwork must be one-dimensional (flat) and can be rendered in a variety of media such as acrylic, oil, watercolour, pastel, pencil, charcoal, or mixed media.
- All entries will become the property of EDB including those of the winners.
- Submissions must be made to: Gaya Veedu, Bahrain EDB, 3rd floor, ARCAPITA, Bahrain Bay
Submission deadline is 6th December 2018