GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAMME INFORMATION
Graduate Trainee Programme Overview
Bahrain Economic Development Board is offering a unique opportunity for graduates to be part of an investment promotion agency. The Graduate Trainee Programme is a one-year programme, which will allow graduates to gain practical work experience and exposure to the type of career options available to them through either fixed or rotation-based programme. It is designed to provide trainees with the foundation for a successful and rewarding career. It will focus on delivering on-the-job learning experience and development to provide them with invaluable insights, as well as build their professional networks, in a high-performance culture.
Furthermore, this programme will prepare the graduates by equipping them with the necessary tools to jump-start their careers and be distinguished within the job market. Only the top 3-6 graduates will be selected and developed every year. This programme is designed carefully to ensure that all trainees learn EDB strategies, how it operates and get acquainted with the processes, experience different projects, engage with different stakeholders and lastly, be able to lead on projects.
The main aim of the programme is to:
- Create a talent pool for the EDB: Every time the EDB has a junior position vacancy, the Talent Management (TM) team can reach out to participants of this programme for an interview as their work has already been tested by departments.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) by Developing the Bahraini Youth: While this programme does not commit to offering permanent jobs, it is created for graduates to have a high-calibre professional experience and personal growth so as to prepare them for the job market.
- Applicant must be 20 years of age or older on the date of application
- Applicants must have a strong academic record (American system: GPA equivalent to 3.0 and above, British system: GPA equivalent to 2.1 and above)
- Only Bahraini nationals who have graduated with less than 4 years of work experience from the date of graduation can apply
To apply for the Graduate Trainee Programme, candidates are expected to complete an online application form and upload their:
- CPR copy
- University transcript (up to date)
- Video upload: Please click here for detailed video instructions. Submit a 2-3 minute video covering the following points:
- Tell us about yourself and your achievements, both personal and professional
- Why do you want to be part of the Graduate Trainee Programme?
- How can you add value to the EDB?
- Add anything else you would like to highlight
The application form will ask for Applicant’s personal information as per the below:
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile number
- University name
- University GPA
- Graduation date
- School name
The Application window opens on September 1, 2020 and closes on September 30, 2020.
There are 3 stages to the selection process:
The maximum number of trainees taken in one batch is up to 6.
For the unsuccessful candidates, a regret email will be sent informing them of the status of their application and that their CVs will be kept in our database for future opportunities.
The successful candidates will be given an offer and asked to sign a trainee contract.
- Applications Window: 1 – 30 September (1 month)
- Interviewing and selection process: 1 October – 15 January (3.5 months)
- Inform successful and unsuccessful candidates: 16 – 30 January (2 weeks)
- Graduate Trainee Programme period: Starting on 10 February (1 year)